A special event will take place on Saturday, October 4th from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm hosted by CoderDojo Derry at the University of Ulster.
This session is open to all kids aged 10-18 whether they attend Derry CoderDojo or not. On the day, we will have workshops on games development, discussion on the competition theme and presentations from the gaming industry. The event is free to attend, but both young people attending and their guardians must register in advance. We will be using the university’s computers so there will be no need to bring your laptop.
Location: Lab MF124/5, MF Building, Rock Rd, Londonderry
Date: 18th of October
Time of session: 10.45am – 3:00pm
Price: Free to attend
- 10:45 am Registration
- 11:00 am Introduction to the program hosted by STEMAware
- 11:45 am Riverwatch presentation on Ocean Sustainability
- 12:30 pm Break for Lunch – Bring a packed lunch
- 1:00 pm Presentation on the games industry
- 1:45 pm Games development workshop hosted by CoderDojo Derry
- 3:00 pm Event ends
- We will be using the university’s computers so there will be no need to bring your laptop.
- Have a look at gamemaker as it will be used in the session: FREE GameMaker Download
- Students should bring a packed lunch. Students under 13 years of age will have to be supervised by a parent at the event.
Interested students should register the projects they develop at www.thisisnotagame.org by the end of Novamber, finalists will get to showcase their games at the BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition, receive mentorship from industry professionals, and get a chance to have their games played by thousands of gamers.
Workshops will be taking place across the country during September and October so follow This is not a Game on Twitter @thisisnot_agame for updates on the next workshop.
Please Note: We would ask that all attendees 13 and under are accompanied by an adult at the event. Please do not book a single adult ticket and attend alone. Adults will not be allowed into the event unless they are supervising a student attending the event.